Our counselling sessions are aimed at supporting famillies through behavioural, emotional and social challenges and providing parents/children with strategies and techniques to better manage these challenges. Jigsaw Psychologists treat children for:
- developmental disorders (e.g. Autism Spectrum Disorders)
- anxiety and anger management
- challenging behaviours
- attention deficit disorders
- self-esteem issues
- eating disorders
- bullying and friendships concerns
- school refusal
- depression and mood disorders
- family breakdown or separation
- issues surrounding grief and loss
- learning difficulties and giftedness
Functional Behavioural Assessments are commonly used to help guide a child's intervention and identify the underlying function of challenging behaviours. At Jigsaw Psychology we believe that all behaviour has a function. We work with the child's kinder/school and family to identify potential triggers and factors that may be escalating your child's challenging behaviours.
Jigsaw Psychology offer practical strategies to problems with a focus being on helping your child become an independent and resillient young person.